I just spent the last five-ish days home relaxing with my amazing family. I really couldn't have asked for a better time.Matt was busy slaving away in Salt Lake and so of course I headed out to Colorado for a much needed vacation after summer semester. My very favorite part of the trip was finding hidden treasures. Really though I can't even begin to tell you all of the treasures I found this weekend.
- Treasure #1: I wanted to make a fun bubble skirt with a thick elastic waist. After some awe inspiring hours at JoAnne's I got all of the things I needed for my skirt and it all added up to just about $3 buckaroonies. It made my day. Take that Anthropologie.
- Treasure #2: I went to my Grandma's to sew my bubbly bubble skirt and add some fun ties to a vintage shirt I found yet halfway through the project the sewing machine broke. This unfortunate event led me and my Grandma to talking about how I loved her style and then she ushered me to the back room, pulled out a box and gave me some of her old clothes. I.was.in.heaven. I got some really cool stuff from my grandma (namely a fabulous red dress that I'm going to do a little fixer upper on). I'm sure there'll be a post on this and my bubbly bubble skirt later.
- Treasure #3: My Grandma also gave me some of her Jewelry. It's all costume jewlry but for muah it was like finding a million dollars. Not only do I have jewlry from my Grandma that I will keep FOR-E-VER but also something that I will pass on and my little girls can have from their great grandma.
- Treasure #4: After confessing my true love of thrift shopping to my sisters and mom we went on a thrift trip in Arvada. I found some real treasure here friends. A beautiful never worn pair of killer heels, a blue bubbly skirt, a fun sailor shirt and a vintage blouse. I'm sure you'll be seeing some of these items later.
* I think I'm going to start doing a few fashion posts. I've been really inspired by other fashion blogs and want to join in on the fun! Let me know what you think of it!